Waterford County Museum, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford, Ireland. Charity Reg: 17397
Tel: +353 (0)58 45960 Email: info@waterfordmuseum.ie
Shopping Cart
Articles Photos

Stories from Old Newspapers

Waterford Standard 6 December 1882

Dungarvan Town Commissioners

A report was read from Dr. Holland stating that a man named Ryan, residing in Lord George’s Lane, kept a pig and mule in his kitchen.  An order was made to have the man summoned should he fail to remove them on being served with the usual notice.  Mr. John Curran said that all the houses in this street were the property of the Marquis of Waterford, who had been frequently served with notice to put them in a proper state of repair, but he had failed to do so; for the sun, moon and stars could be seen through the roofs of some of them, and all of them lacked sanitary arrangements.  He would, therefore, ask the board to protect the lives of the people by compelling the Marquis to provide proper accommodation for those houses.  He (Mr. Curran) had no compassion or pity for a rich landlord who gets his rent to the last farthing, and who will do nothing for his tenants.

Upcoming Events

More Upcoming Events

Latest News

More News

Latest Articles

Join Our Mailing List

Join our mailing list and get all the latest news for free via email. Simply enter your email address in the box below and press the 'Join' button.

Make A Donation

Waterford County Museum is a non profit voluntary museum. We would be grateful for any financial donation large or small.

Social Media

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Blogger Follow us on Youtube
Waterford County Museum 2014. All rights reserved. Please read our Terms of Use
Website By: Déise Design