Waterford County Museum, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford, Ireland. Charity Reg: 17397
Tel: +353 (0)58 45960 Email: info@waterfordmuseum.ie
Shopping Cart
Articles Photos

Object of the Week - Lithograph of Castellated Bridge & Lodges, Ballysaggartmore Lismore, 1853


This fantastic structure was built by Kiely on part of the avenue which was intended to lead to a large Neo-Gothic castle which was never built.  The castle was intended to surpass that of his brother John at Strancally Castle.  

During the Famine Kiely evicted many tenants which earned him a bad reputation as a landlord.  An assassination attempt was made on his life.  

In 1903 the house was acquired by the Hon Claud Anson and his wife Clodagh and sold by him in 1930.  The lodges and bridge fell into neglect and the main house was demolished.  

The lodge and bridge are now a major tourist attraction in Lismore.

Upcoming Events

More Upcoming Events

Latest News

More News

Latest Articles

Join Our Mailing List

Join our mailing list and get all the latest news for free via email. Simply enter your email address in the box below and press the 'Join' button.
Email:

Make A Donation

Waterford County Museum is a non profit voluntary museum. We would be grateful for any financial donation large or small.

Social Media

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Blogger Follow us on Youtube
Waterford County Museum 2014. All rights reserved. Please read our Terms of Use
Website By: Déise Design