Waterford County Museum, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford, Ireland. Charity Reg: 17397
Tel: +353 (0)58 45960 Email: info@waterfordmuseum.ie
Shopping Cart
Articles Photos

Object of the Week - Carroll's 'Mick McQuaid' tobacco tin c.1920s

Patrick James Carroll opened the first tobacco shop in Dundalk in 1824.  In 1864 his son joined and modernised the firm.  In 1889 the company introduced the Mick McQuaid brand.  

Mick first appeared as a character in The Shamrock magazine in the 1880s.  In the 1920s the company introduced a drawing of Mick on their tins and adverts.  The Mick McQuaid brand was   
discontinued in 2016.                                                   

Upcoming Events

More Upcoming Events

Latest News

More News

Latest Articles

Join Our Mailing List

Join our mailing list and get all the latest news for free via email. Simply enter your email address in the box below and press the 'Join' button.
Email:

Make A Donation

Waterford County Museum is a non profit voluntary museum. We would be grateful for any financial donation large or small.

Social Media

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Blogger Follow us on Youtube
Waterford County Museum 2014. All rights reserved. Please read our Terms of Use
Website By: Déise Design