Waterford County Museum, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford, Ireland. Charity Reg: 17397
Tel: +353 (0)58 45960 Email: info@waterfordmuseum.ie
Shopping Cart
Articles Photos

Object of the Week - A Wooden Folding Chair from the Pavilion of the Cunnigar Golf Course, 1920s

The Cunnigar was used as a venue for horse races and cricket matches in the 19th century.  The first golf course in Dungarvan was laid out on the Cunnigar in 1892.  It was redesigned in 1922 by Dennis Casssidy, a golfer from Castletroy, Co. Limerick.  Edmond Keohan rerfers to the course in his History of Dungarvan, 1924:

'A golf club was established in 1922, with Mr. E.A. Ryan, State Solicitor as President.  There was a great accession of members, and an expert from Dublin was procured who laid out the links on the Cunnigar.  A fine pavilion was erected in 1924 which will afford much shelter in time of rain.....'

In 1929 the club relocated to Clonea.

Upcoming Events

More Upcoming Events

Latest News

More News

Latest Articles

Join Our Mailing List

Join our mailing list and get all the latest news for free via email. Simply enter your email address in the box below and press the 'Join' button.

Make A Donation

Waterford County Museum is a non profit voluntary museum. We would be grateful for any financial donation large or small.

Social Media

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Blogger Follow us on Youtube
Waterford County Museum 2014. All rights reserved. Please read our Terms of Use
Website By: Déise Design