Waterford County Museum, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford, Ireland. Charity Reg: 17397
Tel: +353 (0)58 45960 Email: info@waterfordmuseum.ie
Shopping Cart
Articles Photos

Museum visit to Helvick

Museum members had a very enjoyable visit to Helvick last week. The evening began with a visit to Solas Na Mara (seaweed baths) where everyone enjoyed delicious home made cakes and refreshments. Nioclás Ó Griofáin gave a brief history of the pier at Helvick, and Helvick Lodge and the links with the Villiers Stuart family of Dromanna. The groups final visit of the evening was to the Sham-Gothic style 1870's  house (Rock House), owned by Mrs. Eileen Moloney which was built by John Thomas Hudson of Glenbeg. Everyone was taken  by the unusual design of the house and the magnificent setting by the waters edge. We concluded the evening by relaxing in the walled garden, in the glorious sunshine admiring the spectacular view. We are very grateful to Eileen Moloney for her hospitality.
Rock House

Rock House walled garden

Upcoming Events

More Upcoming Events

Latest News

More News

Latest Articles

Join Our Mailing List

Join our mailing list and get all the latest news for free via email. Simply enter your email address in the box below and press the 'Join' button.

Make A Donation

Waterford County Museum is a non profit voluntary museum. We would be grateful for any financial donation large or small.

Social Media

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Blogger Follow us on Youtube
Waterford County Museum 2014. All rights reserved. Please read our Terms of Use
Website By: Déise Design