Waterford County Museum, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford, Ireland. Charity Reg: 17397
Tel: +353 (0)58 45960 Email: info@waterfordmuseum.ie
Shopping Cart
Articles Photos

New Exhibition Opened at Waterford County Museum

Last Wednesday, Mr. Eddie Cantwell, Vice President of the Museum Society welcomed members and guests to the official opening of ‘The Remarkable Brenans - Photographers, Cyclists, Printers, Artists and Antiquarians’, which tells the story of the Brenan family of Grattan Square for the first time.

Eddie thanked the curator William Fraher who researched and designed the display and the museum staff for their work in relation to the exhibition.  He acknowledged the Creative Ireland funding through Jane Cantwell, Creative Ireland Co-Ordinator with Waterford City & County Council.

He also thanked Bernie Guest, Heritage Officer and Joanne Rothwell, Waterford City and County Archivist.  He thanked especially the donors, Niall Hurley, John Nagle, Jane Casey and John O’Brien for loaning his Penny Farthing bicycle and for making display stands for both bicycles on show.

Pictured left to right: Dave Pollock, Eddie Cantwell and William Fraher.

Major New Waterford History Book Published

The Towns and Villages of the Waterford Greenway

A history of Dungarvan, Abbeyside, Stradbally, Kilmacthomas, Portlaw and Waterford. 


(It's much cheaper to buy it locally due to the high postage cost)

A major new history book 'The Towns and Villages of the Waterford Greenway' is being launched on the 14th of December. Subtitled: A history of Dungarvan, Abbeyside, Stradbally, Kilmacthomas, Portlaw and Waterford, explores a thousand years of Waterford history in the company of some of the county's best known local historians. Lavishly illustrated with historic and contemporary photographs, this book takes you off the beaten track to explore the towns and villages of the Waterford Greenway.
This 270 page book, chronicling the history of the localities surrounding the Greenway, is the result of work by four heritage groups, eleven historians, three photographers and two illustrators over a two-year period. All profits from this book are being donated to Portlaw Heritage Centre, Stradbally Church Ruins Committee, Waterford Archaeological and Historical Society and Waterford County Museum.

The aim of the book was to create an accessible, well-researched history of the towns, villages and heritage along the Greenway. The book also features a concise historically accurate history of the railway. The target market for the publication looks beyond history enthusiasts. Locals wanting to learn about their native place, schools looking for history projects, visitors searching for an attractive souvenir of their visit, tourist businesses looking for accurate information for their guests are all catered for.

Authors contributing to the book included Eddie Cantwell, Ger Crotty, Cian Flaherty, William Fraher, Christina Knight-O’Connor, Cian Manning, Seán and Síle Murphy, Julian Walton, Martin Whelan and Willie Whelan. Photographers for the publication were Eamonn Bolger, John Foley and Pat Kenealy. The original illustrations were provided by Michael Power and Anne Lannon Power.

The project was initiated and managed for Waterford County Museum by Willie Whelan. The museum would like to thank Waterford Council, The Heritage Council and Waterford Leader Partnership for their support of this project.

The book will be stocked from Friday the 14th of December in the following outlets: Eurospar Abbeyside, Reader’s Choice, Shalloe’s Newsagents, Dungarvan Tourist Office, Waterford County Museum and Easons (all in Dungarvan). The book will also be available in Cunningham's Supermarket, Stradbally; Kilmacthomas Post Office; Dunhill Education Centre; Fogarty’s Shop, Portlaw; Portlaw Heritage Centre; Hickson's Centra, Kilmeaden; The Book Centre, Waterford; Waterford Museum of Treasures; Lismore Heritage Centre. If anyone has issues in sourcing a copy contact Waterford County Museum on info@waterfordmuseum.ie or phone 058 45960.

Cathal Brugha Exhibition

The museum currently has an exhibition on Cathal Brugha which will be on display for the next two weeks.

The exhibition includes a bronze bust of Cathal Brugha that was given to us on loan by Waterford Museum of Treasures.

Catherine & Cathal McSwiney Brugha pictured with Nioclás Ó Gríofáin (middle).

Dungarvan - The Birthplace of Irish Cycling

The Waterford Greenway has been a huge success with walkers and cyclists but how many people know that the first cycle club in Ireland was established in Dungarvan?  If you would like to learn more visit a new exhibition at Waterford County Museum titled: ‘The Remarkable Brenans - Photographers, Cyclists, Printers, Artists and Antiquarians’ which tells the story of the Brenan family of Grattan Square for the first time.

Edward Brenan was an amateur artist and historian who discovered the remains of mammoth, bear, deer, etc, in the Shandon Caves, Dungarvan in 1859.  He drew and sketched in and around Dungarvan in the mid 19th century and we are delighted to have received a donation of a number of his sketches including a fascinating panorama of Dungarvan with the principal buildings marked.  Also included in the exhibition are his sketches of Irish Elk found locally and a selection of archaeological pamphlets of local interest which belonged to the family.

His son Richard Edward, postmaster and printer founded the first cycle club in Ireland - ‘The Dungarvan Ramblers C. C.’ in 1869.  He and his son David were also amateur photographers who recorded people and places around Dungarvan, Co. Waterford and beyond.  On display is a recently donated album of their work with remarkable images of people, places and events such as the Shanahan Eviction of 1887.  There are four large reproductions of stunning photographs taken by Richard Edward in Co. Waterford showing poor people outside of their humble country homes.

Also in the display are two penny farthing bicycles dating from the 19th century and the first cup for a cycle challenge race in Ireland dated 1869.

The exhibition is open Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm and admission is free.

Object of the Week - Rail Ticket - Dungarvan to Cork c. 1950s

You can find out more about the history of the Waterford to Dungarvan railway in the museum's forthcoming Guide to the Waterford Greenway which has a history of the line written by Martin Whelan and lots of wonderful photographs.

There is a sample copy of the guide on display in the museum at present.  The guide will be available for purchase shortly and will make an ideal Christmas present.

Museum Members’ Christmas Dinner

The dinner this year will be held in The Interlude, Davitt's Quay on Sunday the 16th of December at 7 30pm.  The cost including entertainment and spot prizes is €27.

Names and money to be paid on or before Tuesday the 11th of December.  We look forward to seeing you on the night.

Object of the Week - Poster advertising a performance of a Dungarvan band called The Royal Aces at the Town Hall c. 1960s

The band members were: Matt Hayes (guitar), Michael Power (drums), Dessie Baumann (band leader and trumpet), Jim Atkins (bass), John Bulfin (sax), Tom Atkins (guitar), Vincent Byrne (trombone), and the manager was P Foley.

Cancellation of Talk on Louisa Marchioness of Waterford

The talk on Louisa Marchioness of Waterford which was due to take place on Wednesday the 21st of November at the Dungarvan Harbour Sailing Club has been cancelled until the New Year due to unforeseen circumstances.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and we will let you know the new date as soon as we know it.

Object of the Week - Waterford County Gazette, April 1953, Vol I, No. 8

Tom Tobin (1926-1989) was born in Shandon Street, Dungarvan.  As a young man he developed a talent for writing and worked at the Dungarvan Observer and Dungarvan Leader.  He opened a bookshop in O'Connell Street, Dungarvan and developed an interest in photography.

In 1953 he wrote Echoes from the Decies: A Waterford scrapbook.  He started the Gazette in 1953 which sold for 3 pence.  It had a mixture of local news, historical articles and photographs taken by himself.

This issue was a special edition to mark the hosting of An Tóstal in Dungarvan.  This festival celebrated Irish culture and was aimed at locals and tourists and ran from 1953 to 1958.

Dungarvan Adult Education Centre Visit to Waterford County Museum

On Wednesday the 14th of November a group of people doing a VTOS course in the Dungarvan Adult Education Centre visited Waterford County Museum as part of their tourism module.

The group were given a tour of the museum and their visit was enjoyed by all.

Object of the Week - Poster for the Protestant Young Men's Society, Dungarvan, no date, early 1900s

The poster details the rules and gives a list of members.  The Secretary was A.V. Lyons and the Treasurer was Thomas W Cooke, the jeweller of Main Street.

A number of the members were prominent business men of the period such as Hardwick, Millar and Siberry.

LOUISA MARCHIONESS OF WATERFORD (1818-1891): A BICENTENARY ASSESSMENT. An Illustrated Lecture by Julian Walton.

Louisa was a daughter of Lord Stuart de Rothesay.  Beautiful, artistic and religious, she married Henry Beresford, 3rd Marquess of Waterford, who had hitherto been renowned for his reckless and spendthrift behaviour.  She was noted for her humanitarian endeavours, especially during the Famine.  During a long widowhood in England she developed her artistic talent.

Julian Walton is a retired secondary school teacher and librarian.  He has worked at Waterford Heritage Genealogical Centre, Waterford Cathedral Library and the UCC Library.  He writes and lectures on the history of County Waterford and is currently researching the history of Curraghmore.  Julian is also very well known as a radio broadcaster from his many years presenting ‘On This Day’.

Waterford County Museum are delighted to have Julian back again with this most interesting lecture.  It takes place in the wonderful setting of the Dungarvan Harbour Sailing Club at Davitts Quay on Wednesday the 21st of November at 8pm.  There is a €5 entrance fee and all are welcome.

Happy Retirement

We would like to extend our best wishes to long time museum staff member Michael Fitzgerald on his recent retirement.  Michael has been a familiar face at the museum to locals and visitors for many years.

His particular interest was in the image archive which has now grown to include over 7,000 pictures relating to Dungarvan and the county.  Always enthusiastic to answer queries in relation to photographs, family and general history, he will be greatly missed.

New Museum President

At the recent museum AGM William Fraher stepped down after completing his term of office and Christina Flynn was elected as the new President.  William thanked his fellow committee members for their commitment to the museum and to the museum community employment staff.

He noted how 2018 was a particularly busy year for museum activities and in particular he referred to the award winning Gallows Hill Community Archaeology Project led by Chrissy Knight O'Connor and Eddie Cantwell.  The results of the project have changed what we knew about the early history of the town and has engaged local people with their past.  In order for this project to proceed in 2019 a major sponsor is required and we would love to hear from any interested parties.

He also referred to the forthcoming guide to the Waterford Greenway which has been a project led by Willie Whelan and has contributions from some of the county's best known historians and photographers.  This book will be launched before Christmas.

Object of the Week - Poster for Radio Éireann's Question Time held in the Ormonde Cinema, Dungarvan 1953

The host was Eric Boden, a Dubliner who had worked in Radio in Canada and in the United States.  He presented a popular radio programme on Radio Éireann.  He was joined by a group of 'Radio Éireann Stars'.

Object of the Week - Advert for ‘Power’s Special Whiskey’ 1940s

This ‘Finest Old Irish Pot Still Whiskey’ was bottled by Thomas Power & Co, St Brigid’s Well Brewery, Dungarvan and supplied from another brewery.

Object of the Week - Bar Drinks Tray - ‘Guinness for Strength’ 1940s

This design was produced by artist John Gilroy (1898-1985) who worked for the advertising agency S.H. Benson.  They were employed by Guinness in 1929 to come up with an advertising campaign that would have popular appeal and help to sell Guinness.

The scheme worked and slogans such as - ‘Guinness for Strength’, ‘Guinness is Good for You’ and ‘My Goodness My Guinness’ became household phrases.

Object of the Week - World War I Field Glasses

These field glasses from WWI were later used during the Revolutionary period by one of Liam Lynch’s men in the Cork No 2. IRA Brigade.

Lynch was an officer during the War of Independence and Commander General during the Civil War.  He was shot on the 10th of April 1923 on the Knockmealdown Mountains and died later that night in Clonmel hospital.

The blood stained jacket he wore when he was shot is on display at the National Museum of Ireland, Collin’s Barracks, Dublin.

Museum Annual General Meeting

The museum AGM will take place on Thursday the 25th of October at 8pm in the Waterford County Museum, Friary Street, Dungarvan.

Peter Crotty ‘The Iron Man’ Written by Tom Keith

A new biography about the boxer Peter Crotty (which was compiled and edited by Tom Keith) was recently launched.  The book is available to purchase in local outlets.

The museum has a collection of Peter Crotty’s memorabilia.

Object of the Week - Portrait of William Spencer Cavendish (1790-1858), 6th Duke of Devonshire. Lithograph by Chares Baugniet (1814-1886).

Baugniet was a Belgian artist and lithographer who specialised in portraits of notable people in Belgium, France, and England.  In the 1840s he settled in London and became a leading society portrait painter.  He did portraits of Prince Albert, Charles Dickens and many more. 

The 6th Duke of Devonshire was responsible for the reconstruction of Lismore Castle in the early and mid 19th century employing William Atkinson and later Sir Joseph Paxton.  He was also instrumental in the rebuilding of Dungarvan in the early 19th century providing a new bridge, square, quay and market place.

“We always vote Redmond in this house” - The Redmonds and Waterford, a political dynasty 1891-1952. A Lecture by Dr Pat McCarthy.

Waterford County Museum are delighted to welcome back Dr Pat McCarthy for this most informative talk on the Redmond’s.  This is sure to grab the attention of all.

The Redmond family dominated Waterford politics for sixty years.  John Redmond represented Waterford at Westminster.  He also represented the County in Leinster House.  Redmond resigned his parliamentary seat in Wexford to fight Parnell’s old seat in Cork but was decisively beaten in the by-election.  He went on to challenge Michael Davitt in a bitter electoral struggle in Waterford.  The Waterford people supported him until his death.

After his death John Redmond’s son William, held the seat, and was returned in the General Election that year.  It was the only seat won by the Irish Parliamentary Party in the South of Ireland - a testimony to the enduring bond between the Redmonds and Waterford.  Elected to Dáil Éireann in 1923, he formed and led the ill-fated National League in 1926 and after the demise of that party he joined Cumann na nGaedheal.

After his sudden death in 1932 he was succeeded by his widow, Bridget.  For almost twenty years she worked tirelessly for her constituents and also played a role on the national stage in Dáil Éireann.

Pat McCarthy’s book on the Redmonds is a wide-ranging study, and offers a new insight into the political career of John Redmond and his family.  Pat who is by now no stranger to Dungarvan, is a native of Waterford City, holds a PhD and an MBA from UCD and worked for many years in the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector.  He is the author of The Irish Revolution, 1912–23: Waterford (Dublin, 2015) and Waterford and the 1916 Rising (Waterford, 2016).

His talk takes place at the Dungarvan Harbour Sailing Club on Wednesday the 17th of October at 8pm.  There will be an entry fee of €5 and as always, all are welcome, bring along your book for Pat to sign!

Object of the Week - Watercolour Painting of the Pier near Faithlegg House, County Waterford by Maud Power c. 1920s

Maud Power of Faithlegg House was an amateur artist who wrote and illustrated a book titled 'Wayside India' published in 1907.  The Spectator reviewed it as follows: 'Miss Power relates her Indian experiences in a lively fashion, not without a certain tone of satire when she comes to describe the manners and customs of the British.  On the whole, the pen and ink pictures are effective...the sketches which are by the same hand, show an elegance'.

The picture is a recent acquisition and is now on display in our art section in the museum.  We are hoping to build up a collection of works by County Waterford artists and would love to hear from anyone who has such works.

Annual Museum Fundraising Book Sale 2018

A massive thank you to all our volunteers who helped us to move thousands of books for our annual book sale, especially our younger volunteers who no doubt will eventually be members of the museum society.

Thanks to Tomás, Nioclás and Tara who volunteered their vehicles to transport the books in a last minute emergency and as always a big thank you to the Ryan family who continue to make themselves available year after year.

Annual Museum Fundraising Book Sale 2018

Our annual book sale will take place next week from Thursday the 27th to Saturday the 29th of September from 9am - 7pm each day.

The venue is next to the Allrounder Sports Shop in Grattan Square.

Thousands of books and great bargains. 

Our book sale gives a much needed financial boost to help with the running costs of the museum so please do consider coming along to buy lots of books!

Talk on the Hermitage, Abbeyside

A packed house for museum curator William Fraher’s talk on Wednesday the 19th of September 2018 about the Hermitage in Abbeyside was expected and such was the case.

William shed new light on the history of this wonderful and historical building and attachments which no longer grace the landscape at Abbeyside.  His talk which was presented with his usual and occasional dash of humour was followed by an interesting and prolonged question and answer session which shed further light on the history of the happenings at the Hermitage.

The Dungarvan Harbour Sailing Club venue is proving to be an ideal location for our museum talks and we are very grateful to them for allowing us the continued use of their wonderful venue.

Talk to Mark the Sinking of RMS Leinster

On the 10th of October 1918 the RMS Leinster was torpedoed and over 500 people were drowned.  Amongst those drowned were a number of Waterford people and their story has not previously been told in detail.

The Musgrave sisters of Tourin House were two of those drowned and they are commemorated on a monument at Affane graveyard.

Author and former county librarian Donald Brady has been researching the subject and the Waterford casualties.  To mark the 100th anniversary we are delighted that he will deliver a public talk titled: 'The Sinking of RMS Leinster 10th October 1918: The Waterford Victims' on Wednesday the 3rd of October 2018 at 8pm in the Dungarvan Harbour Sailing Club, Davitt's Quay, Dungarvan.

Admission is €5 and all are welcome.

Object of the Week - Ink and Watercolour Drawing of a Funeral Monument at St Carthage's Cathedral Lismore c. 1799

This funeral monument was erected in the cathedral with some minor alterations.  It commemorates Julia Chearnley (nee Browne) the second wife of Anthony Chearnley (b. 1761) of Salterbridge.  She died on the 27th of August 1799 aged 25.  His first wife was Isabella Newcome.

This drawing is currently on display in the museum.

Object of the Week - Hand Coloured Map of the Road from Carrick to Kilmacthomas and Dungarvan to Cappoquin, taken from Taylor & Skinner's Maps of the Roads of Ireland 1777

Marked on the map are the following country houses - Grey Rock (Carriglea), Coughlan; Mount Odell, Odell; Rockville, Healy; Bettyville, Power; Belmont, Keane; and Dromana, Lord Grandison.

This map (along with other examples) is currently on display in the museum.

Object of the Week - Etching by Power O'Malley (1877-1946) of Carberry's Lane, Dungarvan c. 1935

The Dungarvan born artist settled in America but returned every year to paint landscapes and portraits in locations in the West of Ireland.  He also returned to his native County Waterford and this etching is based on a sketch.

In 1939 he held a one man show in the Waterford Art Gallery and this image was probably prepared for that exhibition.  It is still recognisable as the arch is still there joining the supermarket to Dan McCarthy's shop.

The etching was once in the collection of the great Irish/American collector Alfred M Bender who loaned or donated it to the San Francisco Museum of Art.

Bender was born in Dublin to German parents.  In 1932 he donated hundreds of pieces of Asian art to the National Museum of Ireland which the museum put on permanent display at Collins Barracks in 2008.

Object of the Week - Porcelain Sucrier with Hand Painted Scene of Old Strancally Castle with Cobalt Blue Colouring and Gilt Decoration. Made by Coalport in England c. 1891

The present Strancally Castle was built by John Kiely in the early 19th century in a Gothic style.  The original castle was situated a few miles downriver and the ruins remain.  It was built by the Fitzgeralds and is referred to in 1571.

In 1586 the castle was granted to Sir Walter Raleigh and by 1640 it was in the possession of John Gillard.  It was attacked by Lord Castlehaven in 1645 and it eventually became the property of Richard Boyle, the Great Earl of Cork.  The ruins consist of a tower house and an adjoining hall.

Talking Thatch Event in Dunmore East

Waterford has over 170 thatch houses and on Saturday the 8th of September 2018 at 12pm, master thatcher Hugh O’Neill will speak about the art of thatching.  The event will be held at a house that Hugh is working on at the moment: Grendon, Dock Road, Dunmore East.  

Hugh will speak about the materials, tools and techniques used in thatching and his experiences over the years.  Conservation Officer Rose Ryall will talk about conservation and funding.  

This event is part of a series of talks organised by Waterford City and County Council to raise awareness of the wonderful and diverse built heritage we have in Waterford.  

This is a free event but pre-booking is advised.  Please book at rryall@waterfordcouncil.ie

Heritage of Dungarvan Harbour Exhibition & Guided Tour

During Heritage Week, Waterford County Museum partnered with the Local Authority Waters and Communities Office to run some events celebrating the heritage of Dungarvan Harbour.  First up was a mini exhibition in Grattan Square about the Heritage of Dungarvan Harbour.  Unfortunately, the weather left us down, wind and rain forced us to beat a retreat before our scheduled closing time.  Over the 90 minutes we endured, feedback was very good and we will certainly be trying these open-air exhibitions again.  They are a great way of bringing history out to people.  Our thanks to Dennis and John Tynan for the tea, coffee and shelter.

On Sunday we had a very well attended, leisurely walk along part of Dungarvan Harbour.  William Fraher of Waterford County Museum was the tour guide.  In a wide ranging and informative talk William explored the history of the fishing industry, shipping and the development of Dungarvan as a port.

The museum would like to thank Alan Walsh of the Waters and Communities Office for his support with these events.  The Waters and Communities Office was set up in February 2016 to promote better management of our streams, rivers, lakes, estuaries, coastal waters and groundwater for the benefit of present and future generations.

John Tynan supporting the museum exhibition at Grattan Square last week in the best possible way.  The happy recipient of the tea is museum curator William Fraher.

A group of over 30 participants got to learn about the heritage of Dungarvan Harbour from museum curator William Fraher last Sunday.  Photo by Pedro Teixeira.

Gallows Hill Archaeological Dig August 2018

From the 17th-23rd of August 2018 the Gallows Hill Dig in Dungarvan took place.  The dig was led by Archaeologist Dave Pollock with volunteers connected with the museum helping. 

This was the second dig to be carried out at the mound and it was a great success with some really interesting discoveries which will be discussed in detail at a later date.  On the third day of the dig there was a special dig for children with the Big Dig team which was very well attended and enjoyed by all. 

Our thanks to Chrissy Knight-O'Connor and Eddie Cantwell, archaeologists Dave Pollock and Jo Moran, volunteers, those who made donations, photographers John Foley and Simon Dowling, sponsors, Waterford City & County Council, The Heritage Council, Adopt a Monument Ireland, Cathal Brugha Resident's Group, artists Anthony Hayes and Kayleigh Regan, and all who helped in any way. 

Photos are from photographer John Foley and the Gallows Hill Community Archaeology Group.

Gallows Hill Dig Donation

Chrissy Knight-O'Connor and Sarah Lucas proudly holding the Heritage Flag with Ivan Lennon presenting a cheque to Eddie Cantwell. 

Pictured is Ivan Lennon, Rochester, USA, presenting a generous contribution to the Gallows Hill Community Archaeological Dig.  Ivan is a long time friend of Waterford County Museum, Dungarvan. 

The Museum Society is grateful to all those who have made very generous donations, not just this time around, but who have previously donated to this very important Dungarvan historical event, among them: Michael Ryan Al Eile Stud, Kilgobnet, Bobby Breen from Ballinroad who is now a respected business man in London and Kevin Dalton, USA, who has been a regular visitor to Dungarvan over the years.  Without these people this dig could not have taken place.

Object of the Week - Portrait of Mrs Elizabeth Mansfield (Nee Woulfe) Late 18th Century

This portrait is believed to have been painted by the Kilkenny artist John Comerford who later went onto become a noted painter of portrait miniatures. 

Elizabeth 'Bess' Woulfe was the daughter of Walter Woulfe of Rathgormack and Carrick, Waterford.  In 1785 she married John Mansfield of Ballinamultinagh and Yeomanstown, Kildare.  His great grandfather Richard married Dorothea Hore of Shandon House, Dungarvan, and he was present at the Battle of the Boyne. 

The painting used to hang in the hall at Morristown Lattin, Kildare, the home of the Mansfield family.  It will be on display in the museum shortly.

Object of the Week - Miniature Portrait of John Odell (1801-1847) of Carriglea House, Dungarvan c. 1830s (artist unknown)

John’s parents were John Odell and Catherine Young, daughter of the Bishop of Clonfert.  John was educated at Cambridge and Oxford.  In September 1827 he married Caroline Ambrosia King, daughter of Lieutenant colonel Sir Henry King.

John decided to build a new house more suitable to the status of the family and picked an elevated site not far from the old family home of Mount Odell.  It is believed to have been designed by Daniel Robertson who also did a set of drawings to transform Curraghmore into a great gothic castle.

In 1826 John was granted confirmation of a new coat of arms which included the arms of Radcliffe and Osborne along with the three crescents of the Odells.

John died of 'fever' on the 26th of May 1847 and his death was widely reported in the newspapers: 'He caught the fever attending relief committees in Dungarvan poorhouse as Guardian'.

The Carriglea estate was left to his brother Edward in trust for his son.

Upcoming Events

More Upcoming Events

Latest News

More News

Latest Articles

Join Our Mailing List

Join our mailing list and get all the latest news for free via email. Simply enter your email address in the box below and press the 'Join' button.

Make A Donation

Waterford County Museum is a non profit voluntary museum. We would be grateful for any financial donation large or small.

Social Media

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Blogger Follow us on Youtube
Waterford County Museum 2014. All rights reserved. Please read our Terms of Use
Website By: Déise Design