Date: Sunday 6th October 2013
Location: Castle Street, Dungarvan
The 1914-18 war was a calamity for Waterford. Approximately eleven hundred men and women from the city and county lost their lives. Many more were injured and traumatised.
The Waterford Memorial in the form of a simple polished black granite wall has been inscribed with each of these individual names to mark their passing and the loss felt by their families and friends.
It's felt the monument will also serve as tangible evidence of a sincere desire for friendship and respect between people of different and until recently, irreconcilable political traditions.
A view of the 125th Battery Royal Field Artillery going out to fire their guns during the First World War. Included are Soldiers on foot in the foreground, followed by a Soldier on horseback and then Soldiers on teams of horses pulling gun carriages.
King John's Castle
Castle Street, Dungarvan